Monday, January 31, 2011

Freedom

All of you must know what is going on in Egypt right now...unless you live under a rock. The Egyptian people are standing up for their basic human rights, their liberty, their freedom. They have been living under a dictator for 30 years, and they have finally had enough.

I am not Egyptian, but Egypt is close to my heart. Many of my closest friends are Egyptian, and I spent the summer of 2009 living in the crowded city of Cairo. I loved my experiences there, and it breaks my heart to think of the city in shambles.

Even if you have no ties to the country or its people, you should identify with their struggle. They are people standing up for their rights. As Americans, we stand for freedom. It is not fair if we pick and choose whose freedom is more important, but we must want freedom for all.


مصر، انا معكم. الدنيا معكم

No comments:

Post a Comment