Sunday, March 20, 2011

Training in Progress!

So I started my half marathon training 2 weeks ago...I know, I know....I was supposed to start earlier but I was busy and the weather was just blah! I had no motivation to get my bum out of the house and trek through the bitter cold to the gym. Thankfully, the weather has gotten better and the 1/2 marathon date has been getting closer so I finally started training.

It has been amazing so far! There is something so empowering about having a plan and sticking to it. Every time I complete a workout, I cross it off the list and feel a little bit more amazing =)

I just got in from a run and I feel great! I do some of my best thinking out there on the road. I love the smell of the fresh air, the wind against my face, and the clarity that the mix of endorphins and sweat brings ;)

For those of you who run, do you ever feel like you get to a point during your run that you feel like you could go forever? For me, the beginning of the run is the hardest. My body is screaming at me to stop and it takes me a bit of time to get my breathing regulated. But after that first mile, I feel like I reach a point where I feel invincible. My body no longer hurts, my breathing is back to normal, and I get this endorphin high that propels my feet to move faster. I love this feeling!

If you haven't ever ran, you should try it! Get past that little voice in your head that is telling you that you can't do it. Believe me, anyone can do it! I have seen old men and women running during some of my past races. The human body is an amazing thing and it really can do whatever you challenge it to!

1 comment: