Thursday, February 3, 2011

Grocery Shopping

Ever since I was a little kid, I loved grocery shopping.


See....I even loved to pretend I was grocery shopping!

As much as I love wandering through the fluorescent lit aisles, staring at all the food, trying to think of what delicious things I could make with it....I do not like doing this everyday. So I have decided to be more disciplined and plan all my meals for the week before I go to the grocery store. This will allow me to not only save time, but also give me direction in my cooking escapades.

...and those of you who know me, know I love lists. So this is right up my alley ;)

Last night I sat down with a stack of cookbooks, a pen, and a blank piece of paper. By the end of an hour I had 5 dishes planned, the ingredients written down, and a sense of giddiness in my chest. I did not anticipate loving this blog so much, but it has already brought me so much joy!

3 comments:

  1. From a cutie pie to a beautiful young woman... and one who loves cooking and children!!! You will make someone a wonderful wife and mother one day. :o)
    Love, Aunt Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love making lists too and im pretty much doing the same thing tonight. though mine arnt gourmet recipes like yours, they are health food recipes.. hopefully some will turn out tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I don't make a list, it takes me twice as long to shop. I skip some aisles, thinking I don't need anything down it and then have to double back OR, I go up and down every aisle and buy twice what I need, cus I just throw everything that looks good in the buggie--and then find out that I already have two ketchups at home.

    ReplyDelete